Functional Diversity Cleverly Bundled Together
Body Control Modules (BCMs) always control numerous vehicle functions. Which functions are bundled together in any given module depends on the respective vehicle architecture and on the partitioning of the various functions.
Tied into the electronics architecture of the vehicle as a whole, the BCMs reduce the number of plug-in connections and cable harnesses required, while at the same time offering maximum reliability and economy.
Installed in the engine compartment, BCMs may control, for example, headlights, turn indicators and the windshield washer system. In the trunk they are responsible for the rear lighting system, the rear window wiper and the door lock assist.
Central BCMs bundle together the control of the locking system, the Immobilizer, the Climate Control Module and the Tire Pressure Monitoring System.
- All-in-one systems supplied by the technological leader in vehicle electronics
- Overview of the latest trends in vehicle electronics
- Cost savings in research and development and in E/E architecture
- Optimized quality and short development times
- Support for OEM development strategies
- Continental offers highest system competence and integration capabilities
- Solutions for all vehicle architectures
- Fully engineered platform solutions for higher quality and enhanced vehicle safety
- Virtual team approach with external partners